Wednesday, January 26, 2011

 Concept Statement Assignment

.    Create a list of all users that may visit your site (not from the WWW but those you’d invite):

    First, I would invite my friends and family. I would like to get their opinion on the asthetics of the website, as well as how they thought it showcased my work. I would want to see if it was easy for them to navigate and if there were any other thoughts or concerns they might have. My friends and family are the most honest with me and I value their perspective. The second group I would invite to my site would be my teachers. I would like for them to see how my work was displayed. They are the ones who oversaw my progress from day one and I would like to hear their thoughts on my website. Next, I would like to invite potential job opportunities to my website. This would most likely happen during portfolio review. It would be the time to shine and showcase my hard dedication to my education.

.    What will each of those users want to see in order to enjoy their visit to your site?

    My friends and family would most likely like to see the progress of my schooling and they would be my cheerleaders. My teachers would be my test drive before the portfolio show. They are the ones who would be critical of my work and want to see me display my best. Job opportunities would want to see professionalism and uniqueness. They will more likely notice my website if it is clean, easy, appropriate and has a flare of my personality flowing through.

.    Name your intended audience (the person(s) you need to persuade.)
 
    Above all, I need to persuade myself. I have to listen to gut and make my website true to my individual self. Then, the rest of the audience will follow.
 
.    Describe what you need to inform and persuade them of:
  • Promote My: Skills, my personality, professionalism, dedication, my attention to detail to my work
  • Goals of the site: Easy To facilitate, Showcase my work, Share a piece of my personality 
  • My ultimate message/philosophy (about who you are): I am a hard working individual, with an eye for detail; friendly and outgoing personality, as well as dedicated to get the job done to my best ability
  • What is the story you are telling: I want to share the enjoyment of my projects and have chosen them accordingly. Each project shows the critical eye I have towards my work and each piece has an element of excitement because I was passionate while working. I enjoyed the process of each project, while devoting great time and effort while doing so.
.    List the assets you need to persuade the user: Which 7 (minimum) projects?

1.    Marketing for Nordstrom
2.    Digital Marketing for Flutterby Artistic Designs
3.    Store Operations for MAC
4.    Styling
5.    Writing for Fashion Publications
6.    Business Plan for Blush
7.    CAD- ‘Hot Like Mexico’ Men’s Undergarments, ‘Ladybug’ Young Girl’s Clothing/Accessories 
8.    Trends/Forecasting- 'Intimate Fantasy' Women's Lingerie


CONCEPT STATEMENT

    My online portfolio will showcase my best work as a Fashion Marketing student at the Art Institute of Seattle. It will be easy to facilitate, share my personality, and let the audience understand my dedication to professional work. Every aspect of my portfolio will give the users an idea of my attention to detail. My homepage will help promote my individual expression by the aesthetics and open the door to my road for success. Pages included, for the user to explore, will be my resume page, projects page, an about me page, and a contact page. My resume page will allow the users to see where I came from and where I am now. It will also let the user understand the key areas of expertise I excel in. My projects page will be the most important page, for it will show off the work I have mastered to show my best qualities while pushing myself to submit the best work possible. An about me page will enable the user to take a glimpse of who I am and what I want to give to the public. My contacts page will allow users email access to follow up with any questions and/or comments that I can receive. It will be a great networking opportunity. This website will present myself to the public, and exhibit my unique characteristics I can give to a potential career.

No comments:

Post a Comment